FACT: If you weigh between 100 to 180 lbs. And you drink two beers within an hour time period, your blood alcohol content can reach a level where it is unlawful for you to drive
Alcohol Content and Impairment Facts
- Each of the following drinks contains an equal amount of alcohol:
- 12-oz. can of beer at 5% alcohol content
- 5-oz. glass of wine at 12% alcohol content
- 1.5-oz. shot of 80-proof liquor
- 12-oz. wine cooler at 5% alcohol content
Coffee cannot make someone sober. The person may be more awake, but just as drunk. Only time can make someone sober. It takes at least an hour per drink for the alcohol to leave the body's system.