Water Resources Agency
History and Purpose
The Genesee County Water Resources Agency was created in 1998 from the County Legislature’s Water Supply Task Force to assist the Legislature in the implementation of water improvements for the County. The Agency consists of ten (10) members, each appointed for terms of three (3) years by the Genesee County Legislature.
Powers and Duties (per Resolution No. 495 of 1998)
1. To assemble data relating to the water resources available to the County, both within and without its boundaries.
2. To assist in the planning and design of coordinated water resource and transmission projects within the county of Genesee and make recommendations in connection with such projects.
3. To recommend and assist in the development of inter-municipal agreements and grant applications for water supply and transmission pursuant to Article 5-G of the General Municipal Law.
4. To contract for engineering and related technical services within the annual budgetary appropriation provided to the Agency by the County and if requested, to provide said services to municipalities within the County pursuant to contract with said municipalities.
5. To contract for other necessary services to carry out its functions within the annual budgetary appropriation provided to the Agency by the County subject to the provisions of Article 5-A of the General Municipal law and the audit requirements of the County Legislature.
6. To serve as the administrative head or body of any county water district that may hereinafter be created.
7. To coordinate the implementation of any county water resource or transmission project or district with comprehensive planning and land use regulation and consistent with any inter-municipal agreements entered into by other municipalities in Genesee County pursuant to Article 5-J of the General Municipal Law.
8. To have such other powers and duties as may from time to time be lawfully conferred upon the Agency by the County Legislature. It is expressively provided, however, that nothing contained herein shall be construed as modifying, transferring or abolishing any power, duty or authority of the County Legislature, any county department or elected or appointed official
The Agency also prepares annual report of its activities in the form required by the County Legislature.
Water Master Plan
Regular meetings of the Water Resource Agency are held on the Second Tuesday of the first month of the quarter at 8:00 AM in the Large Conference Room of County Building 2, 3837 West Main Street Road, Batavia.
(click link for agenda if available)
Next meeting: Tuesday, October 9, 2018
January 8, 2019
April 9, 2019
July 9, 2019
October 8, 2019
(click link for archived meeting minutes)
Earl LaGrou, Chair
James Vincent, Vice Chair
Robert Bausch, Legislator
Shelley Stein, Legislator
Gary Maha, Legislator
Terri B. Starowitz
David Hagelberger, Genesee Association of Municipalities (GAM) Representative
Staff & Resource Personnel:
Tim Hens, Water System Coordinator, Highway Superintendent, County Engineer
Mark Boylan, Agency Attorney
Felipe Oltramari, Agency Recording Secretary, Planning Director
Jay Gsell, County Manager
Kevin Earl, County Attorney
Scott German, County Treasurer
Matt Landers, Assistant County Manager
Sarah Balduf, Environmental Health Director
The Genesee County Water Resource Agency was established by Resolution No. 495-1998.