COMMUNITY EDUCATION, PUBLIC OUTREACH
AND ADVISORY POSITIONS:
Recognizing the need to bring about positive change in the field of criminal justice and educate members of the community with respect to our legal systems, District Attorney Lawrence Friedman:
- Participated in the 10th Annual Bivona Child Abuse Summit.
- Appeared on the WBTA "County Spotlight" radio program along with First Assistant District Attorney Melissa Cianfrini.
- Hosted college student interns in our office from Genesee Community College's Criminal Justice and Paralegal programs.
- Served on the STOP-DWI Advisory Board, the Justice for Children Team, the Genesee Community College Criminal Justice Advisory Committee and the Crime Victims Rights Week planning committee and worked on planning the annual Criminal Justice day program sponsored by the Mental Health Association in Genesee County and the annual Law Day Observance and Criminal Justice Awards Dinner.
- First Assistant District Attorney Melissa L. Cianfrini and Assistant District Attorney Kevin T. Finnell volunteered their time working with the New York State Bar Association High School Mock Trial Competition as the Attorney Advisers for the Oakfield-Alabama and Notre Dame High School Mock Trial Teams.