Only residents of Genesee County may surrender an animal at the Genesee County Animal Shelter. Please phone ahead before bringing an animal to the shelter. Although we want to help as many animals as we possibly can, there are times when space is not available.
TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
- contact the Animal Shelter
- contact the Volunteers for Animals at: email@example.com
POST FOR PAWS
The purpose of Post for Paws is to feature the animals available for adoption at the
Genesee County Animal Shelter to the local community. Each Sunday, a cat and a dog
are featured in a poster that is e-mailed out to everyone on the e-mail list. We are
asking recipients to print out at least one copy of the poster and choose a public place
to post it. With minimal effort, we can help raise the profile of the Shelter.
Each week's featured cat or dog also is used in the Saturday PennySaver ad for Genesee Feeds. The PennySaver also features the animals elsewhere in its Saturday edition. If you would like to be on the e-mail list, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org We will not use your address for anything other than shelter information and it will not appear on the posting.
* If your dog is lost, call right away. The waiting period before a dog is adopted is
* If you find a dog, call the shelter.
* You must be from Genesee County to turn an animal into the Genesee County
* We do not pick up stray cats.